Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Management, Business or equivalent
- Membership of recognized and relevant professional institution(s)
- Strong Financial / Administrative background, core skills in budgeting and control of resources
- At least 8 years relevant experience
- Ability to translate and report on financial concepts, the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination
- Strong communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate and communicate financial concepts with programmatic and fundraising colleagues
- Preferably has overseen a human resource function
- Ability to translate financial concepts to non-finance stakeholders
- A track record in managing different project funds
- Technology savvy, conversant with finance packages including Pastel
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and lead annual Programmes and Administration budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and change and keep Chief Executive Officer abreast of financial status for presentation of critical financial matters to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare monthly budget-tracking reports, investigate, and report variances.
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting programme/project materials for all donor segments.
- Manage organizational cash-flow and forecasting.
- Prepare cash-plans for projects that have paid and submit for CEO approval before processing payments.
- Compute staff incentives and facilitate timely payment in accordance with existing staff incentive policies.
- Process the wage bill efficiently and maintain relevant records, and constantly update CEO on status of staff remuneration.
- Develop and implement strategy to build a pre-financing reserve.
- Implement a robust Contracts Management and Financial Management/ reporting system.
- Oversee the contract billing and ensure collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash-flow support operational requirements.
- Support projects in costing and preparing financial proposals.
- Support projects team with financial and administrative data required to fulfil bid requirements.
- Invest surplus funds to optimise returns.
- Ensure that the company is compliant with taxation and other statutory requirements.
- Ensure that financial systems are in line with international financial standards.
- Manage audits; liaise with external auditors and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Prepare management response to Audits, and coordinate implementation of Audit recommendations.
Interested candidates should send their application and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.